Posts By: Ian Stroud

Big Bear Award – Roscoe

Roscoe’s Story Roscoe is a lovely little dog that came to us after he became very lethargic and didn’t want to eat. He was dehydrated and had a very painful abdomen. A urine test and blood test revealed that Roscoe had pancreatitis and a condition called diabetic keto-acidosis. This is a life-threatening condition whereby the… Read more »

read more

The 12 dangers of Christmas for your pets

Christmas is a fantastic time for us but please be aware that there are many potential dangers for our pets! We have listed 12 common ones below: Raisins, grapes and mince pies Onions and garlic Chocolate Alcohol Batteries Christmas decorations and tinsel Mistletoe, holly and poinsettias Macadamia nuts Fatty foods and bones Christmas pudding Antifreeze… Read more »

read more

Autumn 2017 newsletter

Hello, We’re really pleased to let you know about our new video section on the website and to introduce our new customer care adviser, Taniya. Firework time is coming up and planning ahead can help you, help your pet. Please read our firework advice for all the things you can do this year. If you… Read more »

read more

New opening hours at Vet4Life – Surbiton

From Monday 2nd October, our Surbiton clinic will have longer opening hours. This is great news  as our clients can enjoy appointments early in the morning and later in the evening in addition to extended opening hours on a Saturday! Their pet can be seen whenever they are ill and when it is convenient for them… Read more »

read more

Blue-green algae information

Blue-green algae are used to describe bacteria called cyanobacteria. They grow quickly and can form blue or green or brown clumps that can resemble algae. It can look like there is a blue-green scum on the surface of the water often looking a bit like pea soup, more commonly in lakes and ponds during warmer weather…. Read more »

read more

New parasite treatment for dogs

We continually review our parasite treatment protocols and the new products that are available, to ensure that we can offer the best possible protection for your pet. There is a new product which is now included on the health plan for our Family members. It protects against all the key parasites mentioned below so has… Read more »

read more

What to do if your dog is stung by a bee

Bee stings are quite common to see in dogs at this time of year, and most often you will see a red swelling and it can be quite sore. The best advice is to come in and see a vet to have an anti-histamine or steroid injection which settles the sting down quickly. If you… Read more »

read more

Big Bear Award – Misty

Misty’s Story Back in March, little Misty, a beautiful 12 month old grey and white short haired cat was rushed into the clinic following a Road Traffic Accident. Poor Misty was in a very bad way, struggling with breathing and with severe head injuries.  She was given pain relief and anaesthetised to assess the extent… Read more »

read more

Big Bear Award – Charlie

Charlie’s Story Charlie came to see us recently when his owners noticed a swelling on the back of his right leg behind his Achilles tendon. Charlie was very brave and had several tests done to try and work out what the swelling was. He eventually had surgery to remove it. The surgery was quite complex… Read more »

read more

Big Bear Award – Bubble

Bubble’s Story Bubble is a gorgeous 5yr old black and white domestic short haired cat, who has been extremely brave over the past few months throughout lots of treatment and surgery at the clinic. He has a history of cystitis and was brought to see our vets at the Surbiton clinic back in December, as… Read more »

read more