Terms and conditions of Vet4life Family membership
When joining the Vet4life Family you are accepting these terms and conditions. We don’t like long boring legal documents but it is important to read these carefully, and please ask a member of staff if you have any queries.
- The Vet4life Family is a rolling monthly preventative healthcare plan.
- Membership of the agreement constitutes an agreement between you and Vet4life Ltd. Membership and benefits are not transferable to another practice outside Vet4Life.
- You will receive discounted products and services during the course of your membership, including, but not limited to, annual booster vaccinations, flea and worming treatments and consultations with our vets and nurses. Full details of what products and services are included are available from the practice.
- The monthly fee for your pet will be determined by its species and weight.
- Of course, your pet can still receive treatment outside the scope of the Vet4life Family and this will be charged in accordance with the practice’s normal fees, terms and conditions.
- These Vet4life Family terms and conditions should be read in conjunction with any additional information including, but not limited to, literature provided by the practice detailing what is included in the Vet4life Family. That literature forms part of these terms and conditions.
Your responsibilities – you are responsible for following our vets’ and nurses’ guidance, and for ensuring your pet attends the practice regularly for the preventative healthcare checks which are included as part of your membership of the Vet4life Family. If we are unable to maintain your pet’s health because you haven’t followed guidance or attended the practice we may have to terminate your membership. Termination would be in writing as outlined below, and with immediate effect.
- Your membership fees will be collected by Direct Debit on a monthly basis.
- We use Easy Direct Debits Limited to collect Direct Debits on our behalf, and your bank statements will show a payment to Easy Direct Debits. For the avoidance of doubt, your agreement is with Vet4life. Easy Direct Debits Limited merely provide support to the practice, which includes transferring your payments.
- Your membership will continue on a monthly basis from when you join the health plan.
- We will tell you in advance, in writing, if there is to be a change in membership fees on your renewal date. We will always give you at least 30 days’ notice of any change in fees as a result of our annual review.
- In between our annual fees review, your pet’s monthly fees may also change as your pet’s weight changes. A change in fees due to a change in weight will take effect as soon as is reasonably practical. This applies to both increases and decreases in weight.
- Failed Direct Debit payments, e.g. because of a lack of available funds, cause a significant increase in administration costs for the practice. We reserve the right to charge an administration fee for each failed payment. This administration charge will be added to your account.
- After a failed Direct Debit payment, we will re-present our payment request to your bank after 5-7 working days. Your family plan benefits may be placed on hold until payment for the month has been received and confirmed.
- If the second payment request also fails, a second administration charge may be added to your account. We will make a third and final payment request to your bank after a further 5-7 working days. If this payment request is unsuccessful your Vet4life Family membership will be cancelled automatically and your pet will no longer receive the associated benefits and discounts.
- If your Vet4life Family membership is cancelled automatically because of failed direct debits, your account will be reviewed and will be charged the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
Ending our agreement / cancelling your membership:
- You may cancel your membership at any time by giving us not less than two weeks’ notice.
- If you cancel your membership before you have had the health plan for 12 consecutive months, we will review your account and, where applicable, charge you retrospectively the full price of any products and services received during the course of your membership, minus any membership fees received to date.
- We may end our agreement by giving you written notice as outlined below.
- Unpaid bills relating to your membership fees, treatment received or medicines dispensed will be handled in accordance with our standard terms and conditions (available on request) and may be referred to a third party debt collection agency.
With regard to this agreement, either party wishing to give notice to the other should do so in writing.
‘In writing’ includes emails, letters sent by post, or delivered by hand.
When we write to you by post, we will use the address most recently provided.
If you wish to write to us, please use the email address firstname.lastname@example.org or send letters to Vet4life Family Administration, 160 High Street, Teddingon, Middlesex, TW11 8HZ
Should you ever have cause to complain about the service you receive, please follow the practice’s normal complaints procedure (available on our website www.vet4life.co.uk).
How we use your information
Easy Direct Debits Limited and Vet4life will hold and use your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1988) for the purpose of administering your preventative healthcare plan.
Both Vet4life and Easy Direct Debits Ltd may record and monitor inbound and outbound telephone calls for training purposes. These calls may also be referred to in relation to any future queries.
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the security of your data. Your data will not be shared with anyone else unless there is a legal requirement for us to do so.
You have the right to see your personal data. Please note that there may be a charge if you wish to do this. If you have any queries about the data we hold, or how we use it, please write to either Vet4life, 160 High Street, Teddington, Middlesex, TW11 8HZ or Easy Direct Debits Limited, 99 Holdenhurst Road, Bournemouth BH8 8DY.
Easy Direct Debits Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with company number 019633942 whose registered office is at Ebenezer House, 5a Poole Road, Bournemouth, BH2 5QJ
Vet4Life is a trading name of Linnaeus Veterinary Limited. Registered in England & Wales Company no. 10790375.