Vet4life is a small animal practice. At Vet4life, our veterinary team is always striving to provide friendly and knowledgeable support from initial advice to care for patients and pet owners.
We acknowledge that our operations have an effect on the environment and have identified our key environmental aspects that contribute our environmental and carbon footprint:
- Consumption of electricity, gas, water, and other fuels
- Use of anaesthetic gases
- Waste generation
- Transport emissions
- Use of raw materials, including prescribed drugs and medicines
- Procured goods and services with their own environmental impact
Vet4life is committed to reducing its environmental impact through a journey of continual improvement by working through the Investors in the Environment accreditation scheme. Our management’s commitment to the environment has secured us a state-of-the-art practice facility that utilises innovative processes to provide a safe and healthy work environment for our employees, while guaranteeing quality service that will improve the health and wellbeing of our patients.
Our environmental commitment can be demonstrated in our established objectives and goals below:
- Commitment to net zero carbon emissions target by 2040 in alignment with Mars Sustainable in a Generation and Linnaeus sustainability policies
- Compliance with all applicable environmental regulations and public/customer expectations
- Monitoring our key resource usage and implementing conservation techniques to achieve our environmental targets
- Implement a waste/recycling policy and sustainable procurement policy
- Minimising unsustainable transport use
- Take part in One Health sustainability project with our staff
- Working with suppliers to ensure they acknowledge and decrease the environmental impact of their products and transportation
- Publishing and distribution of an annual organisational sustainability report
We will continue to improve our environmental management system by working to the Investors in the Environment (iiE) criteria, considering any changes in legislation, our organisation, and other factors. We will convey this policy to all our employees ensuring that they are provided with training to increase awareness of environmental matters.
Emily Barrs is our Sustainability Champion and has designated responsibility for the day-to-day implementation of this policy.
Vet4life will make this policy available when requested to interested parties including members of the public, including making a copy available on the Vet4life website here.