Our Video Consultation Service allows our veterinary team to assist you remotely. Via a mobile or desktop device, our team can answer any questions and address any worries you may have; along with providing you with care and treatment advice from the comfort of your own home, where the service is clinically appropriate.
Video consultation appointments are available throughout our regular opening hours, ensuring we can provide an outstanding level of care and service to both our clients and patients, and providing general advice while monitoring and updating treatment for pets already under our care.
In certain circumstances, we may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases if you are unable to get to the practice for a face to face consultation, and no other more suitable arrangement can be made.
Benefits of a video call
- Get advice without visiting the practice
- Same cost as a standard consultation
- Access to advice and care when you need it the most
- Limiting the need for unnecessary travel
How does it work?
For a video consultation, you can use the form below to book an appointment, and it will send an email to confirm the details.
The video consultation will then take place as planned with an appropriate member of our practice team who will have access to your pet’s previous medical notes.
Please note that you will require a device, preferably a mobile device with a camera and microphone to engage in a video consultation. If a follow-up visit to the practice is necessary, our vet will inform you.
If you are unsure that a video consult is the best appointment type, please call our practice, and we will discuss the most appropriate way to manage your request.
Following professional guidance from the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS)Vets work under professional guidance from the RCVS and the Medicines Act; this restricts what can be carried out remotely to diagnose and treat your pet when they are unwell.
Currently, in the circumstances of the coronavirus outbreak, the RCVS has introduced temporary permissions to prescribe medicines where it is appropriate remotely, and no reasonable alternative is available, such as when an owner must remain isolated at home or treating a pet in practice is not practical. Under these circumstances, a video consultation might be appropriate.
Book Your Appointment Now
Video Consultation Service terms and conditions
- Our vets and nurses will be able to give general advice, help monitor and update treatment for pets already under our care. We may be able to provide veterinary attention to new cases where no other more suitable arrangements can reasonably be made. Depending on the individual circumstance of any request – the final decision to conduct a video consultation will be made by the practice.
- Fees will be charged in line with our standard consultation fee. Payment will be taken before the video consultation appointment with receipts sent via email or post. Payment for any further treatments or medication will be taken after the consultation. You will need to call the practice to agree on how medication can be obtained (if posted, an additional delivery charge will apply – depending on the delivery service requested).
- In addition, our standard terms and conditions will apply.